wtmpc: Training Officer Welder
Job Purpose To develop training programs and train the participants in the appropriate discipline; assess the participants; and carry out administration duties for Necsa and ensure the optimal utilization of all allocated resources to satisfy the internal and external clients.
Principal Accountabilities - To prepare and conduct technical training programs using recognized training techniques and tools to ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle;
- To maintain control and discipline in trainees when delivering training to ensure apprentices complete and are competent in all the required training modules;
- Develop training aids such as learner guides, manuals, handbooks, practical examples (mock ups), slide shows, hand-outs, etc. to ensure the alignment of all training material with all relevant quality and accreditation authorities requirements;
- Design and apply assessment tools to ensure the effective and efficient evaluation of candidates;
- To manage, implement and maintain all the allocated resources in their area of control to ensure that site, equipment, machines and tools used for training purposes are looked after and maintained cost effectively in safe working order;
Minimum Qualifications & Experience - Grade 12 \ N3.
- Qualified Artisan Welder.
- Registered as assessor and moderator with NAMB will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ industrial experience working as an Artisan.
- A least 2 years’ experience working as a Training Officer.
- A diploma will be an added advantage.
Key Knowledge & Skills - Theory on presented skills.
- Theory and skills of training discipline.
- Presentation skills.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Mental Alertness.